2018 Annual Meader/Meeder/Meder Reunion
July 14, 2018
in Lincoln, Rhode Island
Our reunion schedule for Friday and Saturday, July 13 and 14, 2018 will look like this:
GATHERING, Friday July 13, Hampton Inn Pawtucket, RI.
Informal gathering at the Hampton Inn, Pawtucket, Rhode Island, 7 to 9 PM Friday evening July 13th.
REUNION, SATURDAY July 14, Hearthside House Museum, Lincoln, RI.
Cost for the day: $50.00 per person; children under 12 - $25.00 each and children under 5 - free.
Payable to THE MEADER FAMILY ASSOCIATION, INC.
158 Ashdown Rd, Ballston Lake, NY 12019.
Mail with full contact information - name(s) addresses, phone & email address to the treasurer.
After a free continental breakfast at the Hampton Inn Pawtucket, Rhode Island our day will begin.
- 9:00 AM we will open our reunion meeting. We will have introductions and election of officers and directors.
- 11:00 AM We will carpool from the hotel to the Hearthside House Museum. We will spend several hours touring this award-winning historic house museum. There are many historically themed exhibits and original programs. Costumed docents guide visitors on tours, furnished throughout in period style. Hearthside is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Daniel Meader (born 1826 in New Hampshire) and his wife Louisa Neil Meader owned Hearthside from 1890 to 1901.
- 12:15 PM Lunch will be provided at the museum.
- 3:30 PM We will carpool from the museum to Moshassuck Cemetery, where Daniel Meader and several other members of our family are buried.
- 4:15 PM We will carpool back to the hotel in time to freshen up for dinner.
- 5:30 PM We will conclude with our Famous Meader Limerick contest and award Peter Meder to the lucky winner to cherish until reunion 2019.
- 6:00 PM Buffet dinner for all who wish to participate.
Times may be adjusted slightly as necessary.
Pre- or Post-Reunion – for those who wish to do some additional exploring, the Hampton Inn Pawtucket is a 9-minute walk from the scenic Blackstone River Valley National Historical Park and 4 miles from the grand 1895-era Rhode Island State House.
We have a room block, Standard room with two Queen, Standard room with one King, $129 + tax, Hampton Inn, Pawtucket, RI. for Friday July 13 and Saturday July 14, 2018. For reservations, again ASAP, call the guest agent at 401-723-6700 and press 0 for operator. Identify yourself as with THE MEADER FAMILY REUNION.Best regards,
Cherie Meeder, Secretary
Jane Meader Nye, Historian, Treasurer JaneMeaderNye@nycap.rr.com
Loren Meeder, President firstname.lastname@example.org
Meader Family Association
Article by Rusty Goe about the 2008 Reunion in Carson City, NV